Sponsorship of significant international activities in partnership with the office of Oklahoma Secretary of State, Oklahoma Department of Commerece, and others from the private, public and non-profit sectors. Recent activites include:
- Sponsorship of major international events including the annual hosting of Consuls General visits to Oklahoma, Day at the Capitol for international students, facilitation of the U.S. Passport application process by state legislators, and other events.
- Hosting of conferences and workshops that bring together organizations with diverse international missions to share thought on needs and accomplishments in the Oklahoma international arena.
- Assistance to governmental and other organizations in the hosting of foreign visitors to the state.
- Bi-monthly GIT meetings held at the Department of Commerce, which include program of international interest
- Social and networking events
- U.S. Commercial Service Trade Mission to the Caribbean Region: May 2018 (2/19/2018) - Mission Overview The Caribbean Region as a whole represents a market of about 43 million people who collectively imported over $20.9 billion of U.S. goods in 2016. The Trade Americas program offers U.S. companies the opportunity to explore six markets in the Caribbean region. Hosted in Miami, FL, the U.S. Commercial Service‘s Trade Americas Business Opportunities in the Caribbean Region Conference will focus on regional specific sessions, market access, trade financing resources, and pre-arranged…
- Oklahoma World Trade Conference 2017 (4/19/2017) - OKGIT members and partners from across Oklahoma’s manufacturing and commercial sectors filled the room at Oklahoma City University’s Meinders School of Business in mid-April for the Oklahoma World Trade Conference. Congratulations to those in attendance and those who were honored for the work in furthering Oklahoma’s trade ties.
- Oklahoma Consular Summit Governor Fallin Luncheon (10/6/2016) - Every four years, the Oklahoma Governor’s International Team helps host an Oklahoma Consular Summit, bringing in consular officials from across the region to display the best of international Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma Consular Summit Reception (10/5/2016) - State and local officials, business leaders and partners of the Oklahoma Governor’s Intentional Team kicked off the 2016 Oklahoma Consular Summit with an October 5 evening reception at the Petroleum Club in Oklahoma City before meeting early the next morning at the Skirvin Hotel for a breakfast briefing on Oklahoma’s international trade and education ties.
- Korean delegation led by Ambassador Joohyeon Baik, Ph.D visits Oklahoma (11/4/2015) - A visiting consular delegation from the Korea led by Ambassador Joohyeon Baik, Ph.D. visited the Sooner State on November 3, stopping by the University of Central Oklahoma and the Citizen Potawatomi Nation in Shawnee. Many thanks to Dr. Dennis Dunham at UCO’s Global Affairs Department for assisting in the delegation’s visits!
- Oklahoma-Gansu Province in China celebrates 30 years (11/1/2015) - A delegation from China’s Gansu Province visited Oklahoma to mark the thirtieth anniversary of Governor George Nigh’s 1985 Sister State agreement, signing an accord at the Oklahoma State Capitol with Secretary of State Chris Benge, head of protocol Chris Morriss and gifting Governor Nigh for his contribution to the relationship. The trip was highlighted by an evening reception to the famed Petroleum Club in downtown Oklahoma City, with a special…
- New British Consul General in Houston, Karen Bell, visits Oklahoma State Capitol (10/12/2015) - Just two short months after her posting as the new British Consul General to Houston, Karen Bell visited the Oklahoma State Capitol on October 6, 2015 for a meeting with state leaders and officials, including members of the Oklahoma Governor’s International Team. The visit, which included a meeting with Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin, and luncheon with members of the state house, senate and supreme court and other cabinet members took…
- Governor’s International Team well represented at 2015 Offshore Technology Conference (5/15/2015) - Among the estimated 94,000 attendees to this year’s Offshore Technology Conference in Houston, Texas were several representatives from the Lone Star State’s northern neighbor, including members of the Oklahoma Governor’s International Team. Dr. Jim Collard of the Citizen Potawatomi Nation Economic Development Department, John Curzon of CCK Strategies and Jennifer Springer of the Oklahoma Department of Commerce were on hand as group representatives for an evening reception co-sponsored by the…
- Governor Fallin recognizes Oklahoma exporters at OK World Trade Conference (4/28/2015) - While the focus of presenters at the 32nd annual Oklahoma World Trade Conference was raising Oklahoma companies’ online profile and protecting their digital assets once there, Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin was on hand to present awards to six companies for their more traditional exporting work. The 2015 Oklahoma Governor’s Award for Excellence in Exporting went to Broken Arrow, Okla.-based Control Devices Inc. The firm is a leading manufacturer of pipeline…
- OKGIT Christmas Party (12/19/2014) - Members of the OKGIT gathered for the end of 2014 celebration at La Brasa Peruvian Kitchen on Dec. 16, 2014.
- OK Consular Corps and OKGIT host meeting at La Brasa (6/19/2014) - On June 19, 2014, the Consular Corps of Oklahoma and the Oklahoma Governor’s International Team held a meet and greet at La Brasa Peruvian Restaurant in Oklahoma City, Okla. The event allowed individuals from across the state’s business, government, academic and diplomatic sectors to meet and discuss international issues and their impact on the Sooner State.
- Governor’s International Luncheon (9/27/2012) -