Sponsorship of significant international activities in partnership with the office of Oklahoma Secretary of State, Oklahoma Department of Commerece, and others from the private, public and non-profit sectors. Recent activites include:
- Sponsorship of major international events including the annual hosting of Consuls General visits to Oklahoma, Day at the Capitol for international students, facilitation of the U.S. Passport application process by state legislators, and other events.
- Hosting of conferences and workshops that bring together organizations with diverse international missions to share thought on needs and accomplishments in the Oklahoma international arena.
- Assistance to governmental and other organizations in the hosting of foreign visitors to the state.
- Bi-monthly GIT meetings held at the Department of Commerce, which include program of international interest
- Social and networking events
OKGIT March 2020 meeting summary
The below is a general summary of the events and discussion at the March 2020 OKGIT meeting. Please note that some events and dates mentioned below may have changed due to circumstances regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). This summary does not represent the official minutes, which will be distributed at a later date. The March 2020 meeting marked the next […]
2020 OKGIT Gavel Ceremony Photo Gallery
OKC adds “sister city” Piura, Peru in 2020
Oklahoma City Mayor David Holt made the announcement and OKC added it’s eighth Sister City with the addition of Piura, Peru. Thanks to the advocacy and hard work of Honorary Consul of Peru in Oklahoma Enrique Villar-Gambetta and the Sister Cities International Oklahoma team, Oklahoma City residents will have another new relationship to celebrate. “The […]