Dr. Collard currently serves as Director of Planning and Economic Development for the Citizen Potawatomi Nation and on the CPN Community Development Corporation Loan Review Committee.
In this capacity Dr. Collard is developing the Iron Horse Industrial Park as a Magnate Site within Foreign Trade Zone 106. The park serves as a destination for Foreign Direct Investment and as an Import/Export Center for U.S. domestic companies.
Additionally, he evaluates and facilitates business development proposals and tribal franchise opportunities. Dr. Collard was the 2014 Chair of the Oklahoma Governor’s International Team and is a Fellow with the International Economic Development Council and serves on its Board of Directors. He serves as a member of the Oklahoma District Export Council and previously served as a Board Member for the Oklahoma State Chamber of Commerce.
Previously Dr. Collard Chaired the Morgan County, CO Economic Development Corporation and served on the Executive Committee of the St. Charles County, MO Economic Development Corporation. For over 25 years Dr. Collard has facilitated and packaged numerous economic development projects and agreements and guided the development of a community-based Fiscal Impact Tool and a Computable General Equilibrium Model.
Dr. Collard has traveled extensively internationally on business and as a participant on trade missions and diplomatic delegations. He served seventeen years in city management and five years as an executive in the environmental services industry.
- Ph.D. Political Science: University of Missouri – St. Louis. Current research examines the relationship between intergovernmental cooperation and regional economic indicators.
- M.A. Political Science (emphasis in Environmental Policy Analysis): University of Missouri – St. Louis
- M.P.A.: University of Oklahoma
- B.A. Political Science: University of Oklahoma
- Economic Development Institute
- International Economic Development Council
- Economic Development Finance Professional – Certification
- National Development Council
- International Trade Certificate Course
- World Trade Center Association