Cathy Webster has been named Dean of the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Central Oklahoma, where she is currently Professor of French and Chair of the Department of Modern Languages. A specialist in French cinema, Webster encourages the engagement with international cultures through literature and the arts. At UCO, she supports the teaching of twelve languages and cultures on the campus and advocates for global competency initiatives across the Metro.
Cathy received a BA in French and an MA in Student Personnel Administration from Columbia University, and a PhD in French from New York University.
- Conseil d’Administration Alliance Française d’Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma Governor’s International Team
- American Council for the Teaching of Foreign Language
- Oklahoma Foreign Language Teachers Association
- American Association of Teachers of French
- Women In French
- Modern Language Association
- Oklahoma Humanities Council Community Leadership Prize
- Da Vinci Institute Fellow
- UCO College of Liberal Arts Faculty Member of the Year
- National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Stipend Recipient